To enroll a Motion Detector into the IQ Gen 2, follow the steps below.
1. Press and swipe down the Gray Bar at the top of the screen.
2. Press Settings
3. Press Advanced Settings.
4. Enter Installer Code (Enter "1111")
5. Press Installation
6. Press Devices
7. Press Security Sensors
8. Press Auto Learn Sensor
9. First, take a look at your Motion Detector and determine which brand you have.
10. Now, you’ll need to Tamper your device. To do this:
- G.E Motion: Press the tab at the bottom of the motion detector and then remove the casing. (See Picture Below).
- IQ Motion: Press the button at the top to remove the back mounting plate. (See Picture Below)
11. Press OK
12. You will need to program the proper information for this device.
Sensor DL ID: Don't touch this option.
Sensor Type: Select “Motion Detector”
Sensor Name: Select an appropriate name or create a "Custom Description"
Chime Type: This allows you to apply a specific sound to your device when it’s used.
Sensor Group: This is used to change the behavior of the device.
13. Press Add New
You're done! Make sure to re-apply casing for your device.