Make sure your system is disarmed during this process. Start by selecting “Settings”
Enter your “Installer Code”, in this case I’m going to use the default which is “1111”
Select “Security Sensors”
Select “Auto Learn Sensor”
At this point, you’ll need to tamper your sensor. To do this, start by removing the casing of the device by pushing-in the tab with a flat blade screwdriver.
Once it's open, the IQ Panel will beep and ask if you want to add the device to your sensor list. Select “OK”
Here you will need to program the proper information for this device.
- Sensor DL ID: Don't touch this option.
- Sensor Type: Select “Door/Window”
- Sensor Name: Select an appropriate name or create a "Custom Description"
- Chime Type: This allows you to apply a specific sound to your device when it’s used.
- Sensor Group: This is used to change the behavior of the device.
If you'd like your vibration sensor to work like a door/window sensor that reports as open and closed, change the group number to "Group 10". Make sure dip switch 5 is in the "ON" position. Also, a magnet will have to be included with this setup for it to work like a door/window sensor.
Shock Only Mode:
If you'd like your vibration sensor to only report when a shock is detected, change the group number to "Group 13". Also, make sure dip switch 5 is in the "OFF" position.
- Voice Prompts: This allows you turn on or off the vocal chime.
When ready, select “Add New”
You’re done! Make sure to re-apply casing for your device.
If you'd like to learn more about adjusting the sensitivity for the vibration sensor, check out the link below...