The WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on the camera enables you to securely connect it to your wireless without having to connect it directly to the router with an ethernet cable for the setup. You can use this method if your wireless router has a WPS button, it will usually look like one of these:
Hold down the WPS button on the camera for 3 seconds, and the light should start flashing blue. Go and press the WPS button on your router for 10 seconds, you will usually see another light start to blink on the router. Wait for a minute or two for the camera to stop blinking. If it succeeds the light on the camera will flash green for a bit and then turn solid green. If it fails the light on the camera will go back to solid red.
If it does fail to connect you can try it again, reset the camera, or resort to plugging the camera into the router with an ethernet cable for the initial setup.
Once the light on the camera is solid green, log into your Brinks Home Security interactive account and follow the steps below to add the camera to your account.
- Go to the Video tab and click the link that says Click here to add a camera to this account.
- Verify that the light is solid green on the camera, and you can disregard the instructions on this page to connect an Ethernet cord. Simply press Find Cameras.
- Select the New Camera and click Continue.
- On the next page you can type in a name for the new camera and then click Continue.
- The next step may take a few minutes, wait for the website to finish configuring the camera.
- Once the camera is configured you will see this screen. Since you have already setup the wireless connection using the WPS button you will want to click No on this page.
- You will see this screen now. You can click See live view from this camera to verify that it is working.