To clear a low battery on your new Simon XT do the following:
- Make sure your system is Disarmed.
- Remove the AC power transformer from the wall outlet.
- Disconnect the 2 red wires in the back of the panel. (see Figure 1)
- Plug the red wires in. The unit will power up. (see Figure 2)
- Connect the AC power transformer back to the wall outlet.
Note: You will NOT lose any sensor programming when you do this.
Your low battery error is now gone. If you subscribe to either our Mobile Pro or Total Home service, your system clock will be set automatically. If you do not subscribe to either one of those services, please refer to our "Setting the Time" article here.