If this is an issue, you can easily verify the names of your sensors and then update the settings in the touchscreen. These simple instructions will save you time and can help you customize your system just the way you want it.
The touchscreen, panel and system determines what doors and windows you have by the descriptors you give it. If your Doors and Windows are not named correctly (e.g. Front Window, Back Door, etc. rather the name is just (Back, Front, Dining Room etc.) you will want to change it to (Front Window, Dining Room Door etc.).
Updating the names is easy to do in either of two ways:
- Directly in the System Panel (available for all XT Panels)
- Online Using LiveWatch Interactive Alarm.com services (if you have this level of monthly service)
If all of your door & window sensor names are correct, then skip to the touchscreen instructions at the bottom of this to update the touchscreen settings.
Here is how to update sensor names from the main Simon XT keypad (see below for an easier method if you have LiveWatch Interactive):
- Press "Status" then immediately "Disarm" ,
- Now Arrow down to "System Programming" > Press "Ok"> Enter Installer code (Default = 4321) > Press (Ok) >
- Scroll down to "Sensors" > press "Ok" >
- Arrow down to "Edit Sensor" > press "Ok" >
- Arrow through the Sensors until you find [SN # GRP 10 Name] > Press "Ok" to select the Group Number
- Make sure that it is either 10 or 13 (for this type of Window/Door Sensor, other types of sensors have other numbers here) > Press "Ok" and
- You will see the Name begin flash,
- If the name is not correct "e.g. Dining Room Door, Garage Door, Bedroom Door", you will need to
- Use the UP and DOWN arrow keys to change the name to the appropriate name >
- Press "Ok" when the proper name is highlighted on the screen, and y
- You will see a "Cursor" on the right side of the text >
- Press "Ok" and the the "Cursor" will disappear.
- If there are more sensors that need to have the name changed then continue to arrow through the other sensor and repeat the process above.
- When you are done changing the names press the "Status" button 4 times and then Press "Status" then immediately "Disarm"
Alternatively, if you have Livewatch Interactive service with Alarm.com, you can set the names remotely using the Control Panels settings in the Security menu (see below):
You can then update those names on the Touchscreen by doing the following:
- On the Touchscreen press "Settings" and the look for and press the "Hear" button.
- After that open the door or window and leave it open (it can take up to 5 min for the information to process)
- The Interface notification on the Touchscreen should change from a Green Check mark to a Red Exclamation mark this will indicate that the Touchscreen is working properly.