What is a Tamper?
Tamper is a zone trouble that prevents you from arming the system
What causes a Tamper?
Cover not secure
- Cover not reassembled correctly
- Gaps in the cover
- Cover missing off the sensor
How to prevent it: Make sure sensor cover on correctly
Lack of maintenance (dead batteries)
- Failure to replace dead batteries
How to prevent it: Maintain system including replacing batteries
Spring or switch
- Tamper spring or switch missing
- Tamper spring or switch is not depressed
How to prevent it: Test your system and all components monthly.
- Slamming door can cause spring or switch inside keypad to tamper
- Slamming window can cause spring or switch inside sensor to tamper