What is a Tamper?
What causes a Tamper?
Here are the top 4 causes and what you can do to prevent them.
Cover not secure
- Cover not reassembled correctly
- Gaps in the cover
- Cover missing off the sensor
How to prevent it: Make sure sensor cover is flush with no gaps after all battery replacements.
Lack of maintenance (dead batteries)
- Failure to replace dead batteries
How to prevent it: Address and maintain the system (including replacing batteries) properly.
Spring or switch
- Tamper spring or switch missing
- Tamper spring or switch is not depressed
How to prevent it: Test your system and all components monthly.
- Slamming doors can cause the spring or switch inside the keypad to shake causing a tamper
- Slamming windows can cause the spring or switch inside the sensor to shake causing a tamper
How to prevent it: Be mindful of slamming doors that have sensors or that are connected to a wall with a keypad mounted.
Need more help?
Click on your keypad for specific instructions.