Learn how to program a sensor into your Simon 3 by watching the video and reading the article below.
Entering Programming Mode
1. Open the panel cover.
2. Enter Utility Access (usually 4321) using the Red Numbered keys.
Note: Do not remove panel power while in program mode. Programming changes are saved only when exiting program mode (closing the panel cover).
The panel is now in program mode. Follow the programming arrows on the panel
label. The system prompts you through programming steps with beeps and voice messages.
To add sensor or remote control:
Note: For a more specific location name, press Option # for compass directions (north, northeast, east, southeast,south, southwest, west, northwest).
1. Press Add. The panel announces “Select from Main Menu.”
2. Press the Sensor/Remote button. The panel announces “Press button on sensor.”
3. Press the sensor program button or release sensor tamper switch. The panel
announces “Keychain Remote. Press the Sensor again for next name or press Done to
Note: If you wish to use a sensor number other than the next one available, use the numbered keys to enter a 2 digit sensor number immediately after entering the sensor type.
4. Press the Sensor/Remote button repeatedly until you hear the name or item you want to use.
Note: An alphabetical list of names the panel uses appears in Appendix B. Each name
may be used more than once.
5. Press DONE when you hear the desired name. The panel announces “Use numbered keys to enter sensor group.”
6. Enter the 2-digit sensor group (for example 10 for a Entry/Exit Door). The panel announces the sensor group and the first available sensor number, then prompts you to press DONE to accept.
7. Press DONE. The panel confirms programming by announcing the sensor number, name, and group.