To test whether your GE Simon XT panel is communicating with the monitoring center you will need to run a communication test.
- If your panel is armed disarm it. Simply enter your master passcode
- Call the Monitoring center and let them know you will be testing the system. You can reach them at 800-443-8865
- Hang up your house phone while you run the test.
- Scroll down to "System Tests", hit "Ok", type in your code (or the installer code 4321 should work also), and hit "Ok" again.
- Scroll down to "Comm Test", hit "Ok", and wait for the panel to tell you if the test was successful.
- After the test call the monitoring center, confirm that they received the signal, and let them know you are done testing.
Testing your system regularly will help ensure that it is working properly when you need it.