Install MyQ Control Panel (888LM)
1) Disconnect all electrical power to the garage door opener.
2) Remove the existing door control from the wall.
3) Note the polarity of the wires connected to the existing door
control. Label the wires appropriately (Red/White).
4) Disconnect the wires from the existing door control.
5) Connect the wires to the new MyQ Control Panel.
6) Mount the MyQ Control Panel to the wall.
7) Reconnect power. The yellow command LED (in the center of
the MyQ Control Panel) and the red learn LED (above the learn
button) will blink quickly for up to 5 minutes as the MyQ
Control Panel recharges. When the MyQ Control Panel is
operational, the yellow command LED will glow steadily.
8) Test the MyQ Control Panel. Press the push bar to activate the
garage door opener.
9) Connect to LiftMaster Internet Gateway (See instructions
Connect LiftMaster Internet Gateway
1) Connect ethernet cable to router and the internet gateway.
2) Connect power to the internet gateway.
3) When the internet gateway connects to the internet, the
green light will stop blinking and will light solid. If the green
light does not light solid, check the power, router, and
internet connections to the internet gateway.
4) Write down the serial number on the gateway to be used in
the registration process
Register Internet Gateway
**Please note: You cannot register the Internet Gateway through your
Online Account if it is already registered through MyQ/LiftMaster.
You must delete the Internet Gateway from your MyQ account
before attempting to register it to your LiveWatch Interactive account .**
1) Log into your account by using your customer credentials.
2) Access garage door registration through emPower -> Garage.
3) Follow the instructions to add a gateway.
4) Enter the serial number of the Gateway and continue
5) Select Add New Device to put the Gateway into learn mode.
6) Perform either of the two scenarios listed below:
--Scenario #1: After the yellow light is on at the internet
gateway, go to the MyQ Control Panel (888LM) and push the
learn button twice. The LED on the gateway will turn blue
once the device is learned in.
--Scenario #2: After the yellow light is on at the internet
gateway, enter menu > program > MyQ device on the
Control Panel (e.g. 880LM). The LED on the gateway will turn
blue once the device is learned in.
8) Return to the Garage page and click “Check for New
9) Repeat steps 6-8 if initially unsuccessful. Also check the
model number of your garage door against the complete list
of compatible garage door openers, linked below, and make sure the
garage door is compatible. (See list of compatible garage door openers)