Identifying the Components:
The 888LM is Garage Door Control Panel.”
The actual motor unit is the “Garage Door Opener,” and the portion integrating the control panel to Alarm.com is the “Gateway.”
The gateway can learn any devices to it labeled as using “MyQ” technology. The gateway will learn a number of control panels to it, but will not program directly with the door opener.
There are two types of protocol compatible with the gateway:
A. Security +
B. Security + 2.0
If the MyQ logo is not on the opener itself, there needs to be a purple learn button located on the opener, which identifies it as Security +. You will have to use the LiftMaster control panel in this case.
"Security + 2.0"
There will be a control panel with the opener that was purchased. This control panel will have the same “Learn” button to program into the gateway.
Connecting the Control Panel to the Garage Opener:
1) Connect the "red" and "white" wires to the control panel. These will be found coming from any newer garage door opener compatible with the Security + or Security + 2.0 protocol
2) Wait till the "Control Panel" finishes charging. You'll when it's done, the "Yellow LED" will remain illuminated. The door can be tested by simply pressing the push button at the center.
Note: Control panel's used with Security + 2.0 garage door openers do not have to charge.
Setting Up the Gateway Device through Alarm.com:
1) Connect the gateway device to a router via an ethernet cable, then power the device up.
2) The Green LED on the gateway will flash until an internet connection is established. Continue once this is solid green.
3) Add the Gateway into Alarm.com by selecting "Get Started!"
4) Apply the serial number and the account will attempt to connect with the device.
Learning Control Panel(s) to the Gateway Device:
1) Enable “Learn Mode” on the gateway. This will cause the yellow LED on the gateway to turn on while it is in Learn Mode.
2) Press the “Learn” button on the control panel once. When this connects to the gateway the yellow LED (on the gateway) will go off and a blue LED will come on indicating at least one device is programmed into the gateway.
Note: You may have to try pressing the “Learn” button several times, in different patterns .