If you are concerned about losing phone service, or if your system is having trouble communicating, you can turn on the "Phone Line Monitor" option on the Vista series system. This causes the system to actively check if there is voltage on the phone line connected to the alarm system. The voltage levels that the system checks for are:
- 50 Volts DC (VDC), when the line is not in use;
- 5-6 VDC when the line is in use.
If the line is cut or if you lose phone service, the keypad will display "TELCO FAULT". When service is restored or if the line is repaired, this fault should clear automatically.
To turn on this monitoring option:
- Enter programming by entering the Installer Code (default: 4112) and then 800. The screen should display "20" or "INSTALLER CODE 20".
Enter 1. You should hear three confirmation beeps.
Enter *99 to exit programming.
NOTE: If you are using a Telguard UAB (aka TG-1 Express), this error usually indicates either a faulty phone line or a problem with the UAB. To troubleshoot:
- Power down and power up the UAB. If that fails,
- Replace the phone line to the UAB. If that fails,
- Plug a land-line handset into the UAB. If you hear a dial tone, there may be something wrong with the dialer on your Vista series system; try sending a test alarm. If there is no dial tone, you may need to replace the UAB.