To add sensors to you Lynx system, follow these instructions:
- Enter System Programming [4112+800]. This screen will appear:
- Enter *56 Enhanced System Programming [press *56]
- Enter the 2-digit Zone Number that you wish to assign to the sensor (i.e. 1=01, 14=14, etc.) and press [*]
- Enter in the 2-digit Zone Type and press [*]
- Enter in the Report Code. For Monitored Devices, enter in  and press [*]
- Enter in the input type. Normally, this will be a "d3" supervised type. Press [*]
- Activate the sensor two times in a row. This must be done within 45 seconds of entering the Auto Learn mode. If it times out, the the screen should display "d Input Type"; just press * and try again.
- If the device has been learned in, the screen will display "1AL" On a Lynx+, it should display the serial number with an "A" prefix as well. Press [*]
- "1C" Zone Descriptor will appear. Press 1 to name the sensor.
- The screen will now show "1d". Please enter #, then a "Vocabulary Code" from the Vocabulary Index
from the bottom of page 19 on the manual. The system should announce the word you just selected. Press 6 if you want to add an additional word, or 8 if done. You can add up to 3 words/phrases, or "descriptors". Once finished naming the sensor, press 8.
- The next available zone will appear. If you do not want to continue adding sensors, press [00+*99] to exit programming and return to the main screen.
Note: On older Lynx panels, only the programming codes will be displayed, unlike the Lynx+ panel displayed in these photos. For example, in the last picture, only "1C" will be displayed. However, the programming codes and instructions are valid for all Ademco Lynx systems.