There are a couple of things to note about the motion sensors:
- To conserve battery life and energy, the LED light only activates when you put it into ''walk test mode'' by removing the back of the sensor.
- This LED will only stay on for 90 seconds, after that it will shut off and not come back on. This is a feature designed to save battery life.
To arm system and test motion:
- Arm the system by pressing the Lock Icon.
- Select "Arm All"
- Open and close an Entry/Exit Door (this simulates you leaving the home)
- Wait for the system to stop the exit beeps. Be sure to stay out of sight of the motions during this period)
- Wait 3 minutes after you hear the last beep from the panel
- Walk through the area that the motion is covering. Make sure to walk past the motion, not toward it.
- The alarm will go off every time if this process is followed.