"My Touchscreen is not recognizing that windows/doors/motions are being activated, even when the panel says they are".
This type of error is something that we see fairly often. It is generally caused by a communications issue between the panel and the touchscreen. Fortunately, this type of error is generally fixed easily.
The first thing to do is perform a "push" of the communications between the panel and the touchscreens ("Push" is just tech lingo for a communications reset). To do this follow these steps on the main control panel:
1. Press GEAR Icon then press DOWN ARROW 3 times
2. Press PROGRAMMING then enter the Installer Code 4321 then press OK
3. Press SENSORS then press EDIT SENSOR
4. Scroll till you find your touchscreen and press EDIT then press CLOSE to exit the next screen
5. Once the message "Please Wait, Processing Request" has cleared, press CLOSE several times to exit