To edit part of the sensor name when programming the Simon XTi, follow these instructions:
- Press the gear wheel in the lower right hand side of your panel.
- Scroll all the way down until you see "Programming".
- Press "Enter", and enter 4,3,2,1 (installer code), and then press "OK".
- Go to "Sensors", and then press the "Edit Sensor" button. Scroll to the appropriate sensor number then press "Edit".
- Press "Edit" next to the sensor's name, then next to Item 1 press "Edit" again.
- From here, just scroll down until you have found the proper name for your sensor, and press on the name.
- Once finished, press "Save". You can also add an additional word to the name by clicking "Edit" next to Item 2, selecting the name you want and pressing "Save" again.
- After entering all the words for the name press the "Close" button. After it has finished processing, press "Close" two more times to back all the way out to the main screen.