Programming The IQ Recessed Sensor To The IQ Panel
Start by selecting "Settings"
2. Enter in your "Installer Code" (Default Code: 1111)
*Note: If the default code does not give you access, Click here for further assistance.
3. Press "Installation"
4. Press "Security Sensors"
5. Select "Auto Learn Sensor"
6. At this point, you’ll need to tamper your sensor. To do this, start by removing the top cover of the sensor. Then pull out the circuit board, remove the battery, and reinsert the battery. This will tamper the device allowing you to enroll it to the control panel. Reinstall the circuit board and replace the top cover.
7. The IQ Panel will beep and ask if you want to add the device to your sensor list. Select “OK”
8. Here you will need to program the proper information for this device.
- Sensor DL ID: Don't touch this option.
- Sensor Type: Select “Door/Window”
- Sensor Name: Select an appropriate name or create a "Custom Description"
- Chime Type: This allows you to apply a specific sound to your device when it’s used.
- Sensor Group: This is used to change the behavior of the device. You can choose “10” if you want an entry delay applied or choose “13” if you want no entry delay applied.
- Voice Prompts: This allows you turn on or off the vocal chime.
9. When you are finished, select “Add New”
You are done programming the device. Test the recessed sensor by opening and closing the door or window. The panel will announce the door or window being opened.
Once you are done adding the sensor into the system, you can begin the installation process....
The IQ Recessed Sensor is a magnetic contact sensor that provides concealed protection for doors or windows.
1. Locate a place on the door or window to install your sensor and magnet. Based on the door type, you may choose to install the sensor in the frame instead of the door.
3. Drill a hole for the sensor. The sensor was designed to fit snugly in a ¾” hole 2.5” deep. Please take care when drilling to ensure proper fit. Then insert the sensor in the hole.
4. Drill a hole for the magnet 0.75” deep. Then insert the magnet in the hole. Be sure the magnet aligns with the sensor when the door closes.
You're done mounting the sensor.