A cover tamper is a safety feature that provides a trouble signal when the system has been opened. To clear the cover tamper simply open and close the device making sure the cover is reassembled correctly.
1. Disarm the system with your master or user code
2. Place your fingers at the bottom of the panel and pull outward (You can also place a small screwdriver in the slot in the bottom right corner
3. Once the trim ring is loose, remove it from the panel
4. Lift up on two tabs at the top of the panel to open it (The main face of the panel will swing open form the top)
5. Close panel until the two tabs snap into place
6. Place framing back on the panel
7. Press the "Gear Wheel" at the bottom right of the screen
8. Under Panel Status, Press "Clear" and then "Listen"
This should clear the cover tamper on your Simon XTi wireless security system.