This guide is not intended to replace the existing installation manuals provided by the manufacturers of the hardware. This guide is only a supplement to the manufacturer instructions, warnings, settings and recommendations provided with your equipment or available online from the manufacturer. Follow all safety procedures outlined in the aforementioned instructions.
Universal Alarm Bridge (“UAB” or “Unit”) Wired For Power
Universal Alarm Bridge Antenna
Exterior Of The UAB
Interior Of The UAB
Quick Start Guide Introduction
- Your Universal Alarm Bridge is inactive until you’ve called Brinks Home Security and registered your UAB. While it is inactive, your panel may still be able to send signals to a monitoring station if you have VoIP, Broadband or some other connection.
- Before you begin, remove the components from the box and familiarize yourself with the components of your system.
Connecting Your Hardware: Powering The UAB
WARNING: PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION WHEN CONNECTING THE UAB TO AN ACTIVE POWER SOURCE TO AVOID ELECTRIC SHOCK. WE RECOMMEND TURNING OFF CURCUIT BREAKERS DURING INSTALLATION.
- Open the control panel by removing the screw on the side of the panel and removing the door from it’s hinges.
- Open your UAB by pressing the tabs inside the holes on the end of the unit (use a small screwdriver).
- Reattach your control panel's battery wires to the curled terminal on top of the spade. The curled side of your spade needs to be on top. If it isn't, the terminal may break off when pressure is applied.
- Connect your antenna by screwing the antenna onto the antenna receptacle on the outside of the UAB.
Connecting Your Hardware: Connecting The Panel To The UAB
Identify the phone line that connects your panel to a phone jack, remove the side that is attached to your wall and connect it to the UAB through the back of the unit.
Activating Your UAB: Locating Your Serial Number
The serial number is located on the back of the UAB as well as the inside of the unit. You will need this number when you call SafeMart to activate your unit.
Activating Your UAB: Calling Brinks Home Security To Activate
- After you’ve located your serial number, call us at 1‐800‐628‐6093 and we will walk you through the set up.
- We will have to set your system’s alarm off twice to activate the UAB, so make sure that you’ve warned your neighbors and anyone else who is in or around your home or business.
- After you’ve confirmed that the UAB’s location receives adequate cellular signal, mount the box next to your panel using the double stick tape that we’ve included in your box.