A camera may be disconnected from the network for a number of reasons, such as replacing your original router, editing Wi-Fi credentials, new electronics causing interference (including reduced overall bandwidth), obstructions recently placed between the camera and router, or recent changes made to the placement or power source of either the camera or the router. This can disrupt your ability to view your Wi-Fi camera feeds on the website or mobile app.
Reconnecting your Wi-Fi Camera Video:
Follow these steps to reconnect your cameras to the new network:
*This method applies to all Alarm.com Wi-Fi cameras with an ethernet port.
- To begin, disconnect power from the video device.
- Locate an Ethernet or Cat5 cable, then find an open port on your router, and plug the ethernet cable into the video device and the router.
- Reconnect power to the video device and wait for the LED to turn solid green.
- Next, log in to the website to configure the wireless information.
- Click video, then click Settings, then Wireless Network.
- Next, click Scan to find your Wi-Fi network and enter the password. Select the Wireless Network and Connect.
- Once the Wi-Fi settings are configured, disconnect power from the camera and remove the ethernet cable from both the camera and router.
- Move the camera to its final destination and reconnect power.
- The camera LED may turn red while it is connecting. It will flash green while there is a local connection only. Once the camera’s LED is solid green, attempt to view the live video feed on the website or mobile app to verify it functions properly.
If using the ethernet cable fails, try WPS Mode or AP Mode.
Next, you will need to check to see what color the LED is on the camera.
The LED is persistently red: the camera is not connected to the router by Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable
Solution - try defaulting the camera and restart the installation process
The LED is green: the camera is connected to the router by either Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable
Solution - try locating and entering the MAC address manually into the search box
Is your camera still not working? Text us at BRINKS or 274-657.