If you have our Brinks app and your an Apple user, you should be ecstatic about Siri Shortcuts.
Siri Shortcuts is a new voice control integration that lets you activate SCENES by talking to Siri, using customizable voice ‘shortcuts'. These shortcuts integrate into your existing routines and reflect how you naturally talk, making it even easier and more intuitive to interact with your smart home.
Cool things you can do with Siri Shortcuts
1. Complete Voice Control
Hands free voice control outside of the home to wherever your IPhone device is.
- Never worry about "if you forgot to arm the system", you can now confirm by triggering your Away SCENE with a pre-set Siri Shortcut like: "Hey Siri: "Lock down the house!"
2. Combine with other Apps
You can also use Apple's Shortcuts app to create multitasking shortcuts that combine with other app commands.
- You could incorporate your "Sleep" SCENE into a "Good Night" Siri shortcut. As well as turning your lights down, locking the doors and arming the security system, you could have this shortcut set your iPhone's morning alarm and activate its "Do Not Disturb" mode.
- You could also incorporate your "Away" SCENE into a "Heading Out" Siri shortcut that not only secures your house and turns the thermostat down, but also pulls up directions to your next office meeting.
3. Bust out a SCENE
With Siri Shortcuts you can now control any or all of your smart devices - lights, garage door, locks, thermostat, or security system - with a single command
- Set up a custom Siri voice command to trigger any SCENE.
- SCENES are very popular for newborns where you want the house extremely quiet. "Hey Siri: "Hudson's sleeping"
Click here for easy steps on how to enable this feature.