With a Smart Lock, you have the ability to create event-triggered lock automation rules, allowing you to automatically lock or unlock door locks based on the status of your security system or additional locks.
To create an event-triggered lock automation rule:
- Log into your Brinks Home Alarm.com portal.
- Click Automation.
- Click + Add New Rule.
- Click Event-triggered Rule.
- Name the rule in the Name of rule field.
- Under Automate My, select Locks.
- Under When this event occurs, select the device that will trigger the lock rule, and then use the dropdown menus to specify the conditions of the action.
- If presented with the option, use the dropdown menu in the Perform this action section to specify the time delay for lock action to be completed.
- Under Perform this action:, select how long after the event you want this to happen, anywhere from immediately up to 3 minutes.
- Under Select Devices, click to select the devices that will follow the rule.
- Under the During this time frame, select to specify when the rule will be active.
- For At All Times, the rule will be carried out any time of day.
- For Only during the following times, click to select the specific days and times that selected devices are automated by the rule.
- Verify the rule is configured with the correct settings.
- Click Save.