Amazon Echo Integration
The SkyBell Amazon Echo integration allows a user with a SkyBell HD and an Amazon Echo to perform basic interactions via voice control using an Amazon Alexa Skill. A user is able to turn the Indoor or Outside Quiet Modes on or off, take a snapshot or record a video. If the user has multiple SkyBell devices, Alexa will prompt the user for device selection.
First, independently setup your SkyBell HD device and your Amazon Echo device.
Open the Echo App, go to "Skills" tab on the left column, search "Skybell".
Touch "Enable" on the right side.
Authentication is achieved through the Amazon Alexa App, which will prompt you to link your SkyBell account. You will then be forwarded to the SkyBell OAuth server, where you will need to enter your previously created SkyBell Username and Password.
User Flow, Interaction & User Stories Supported
Through Alexa you are able to:
• Turn Quiet Mode On
• Turn Quiet Mode Off
• Take a Snapshot
• Record a Video
- As a SkyBell HD and Echo user, I want to command SkyBell HD to enter quiet mode, "Alexa, tell SkyBell to turn on quiet mode".
- Echo's response should be "Your SkyBell is now in quiet mode".
- As a SkyBell HD and Echo user, I want to command SkyBell HD to exit quiet mode by saying, "Alexa, tell SkyBell to turn off quiet mode".
- Echo's response should be "Your SkyBell's quiet mode has been turned off"
- As a SkyBell HD and Amazon Echo user, I want to be able to associate my SkyBell HD account with my Amazon Echo account, so that I can enable integration at an account level.
- As a SkyBell HD and Amazon Echo user, I want the ability to specify which SkyBell HD device my Amazon Echo will act on.
By default, if you only have 1 device, Alexa will interact directly with it without further direction. However, if Alexa determines that you have more than 1 device, Alexa will prompt for which device to interact with, by Device Number (e.g. 1 for front door, 2 for back door, etc).