If your commands to Alexa to control your Brinks Home Security Smart Home system are not working, please check the following to resolve the issue.
- Make sure that both Brinks Home Security Smart Home skills are enabled in your Alexa app.
- Once the skills are enabled, you will need to link all of the names of the devices in your home in order for your commands to work. Go to your Echo device and say "Alexa, discover my devices"
- For commands to control your security system, you will need to say “Alexa, tell Brinks (Br-i-nks) to…” prior to saying commands. For commands to control automation devices such as lights, thermostats, or cameras, you do not need to say "ask Brinks." Simply say, "Alexa, show me my doorbell camera."
- Click here to see a list of compatible commands
- Make sure your Brinks Home Security system and Echo are connected to the same home WiFi network.
- Check your Amazon Alexa app and make sure that the Brinks Home Security Smart Home skill is enabled and you are connected to the right system. You may need to disable the skill and then re-enable it to fix the connection