Identifying the Components
The 888LM is the Control Panel mounted on a wall usually by the inside garage door
The Gateway links the MyQ Garage Door opener to the Internet Router by WiFi
Any LiftMaster or Chamberlain garage door opener with integrated MyQ technology
There are two types of protocol compatible with the gateway:
A. Security +
B. Security + 2.0
If the MyQ logo is not on the opener there should to be a purple learn button, You will have to use the LiftMaster control panel in this case.
"Security + 2.0"
There will be a control panel included with the opener. This control panel will have a "Learn" button
Connecting the Control Panel to the Garage Opener
1) Connect the red and white wires to the control panel
2) Wait till the "Control Panel" finishes charging. You'll when it's done, the "Yellow LED" will remain illuminated. The door can be tested by simply pressing the push button at the center.
Note: Control panel's used with Security + 2.0 garage door openers do not have to charge.
Setting Up the Gateway Device through Alarm.com
1) Connect Gateway to router by Ethernet cable, then power and wait until the Green LED turns on ON solid
2) Add the Gateway into Alarm.com by selecting "Get Started!"
3) Enter the Gateway serial number and the account will attempt to connect with the device
Learning Control Panel(s) to the Gateway Device
1) Enable “Learn Mode” on the gateway. This will cause the yellow LED on the gateway to turn on
2) Press the LEARN button on the control panel. When this connects to the Gateway the blue LED on the Gateway turns ON
Want to learn more?
- Qolsys IQ Panel 2 - Delete Z-Wave Light Module
- Qolsys IQ Panel 2 - Add Z-Wave Devices
- Qolsys IQ Panel 2 - Add Z-Wave Light Module
- Qolsys IQ Panel 2 - LiftMaster Compatible Garage Door Openers
- Qolsys IQ Panel 2 - LiftMaster Garage Door Installation
- Qolsys IQ Panel 2 - LiftMaster MyQ Garage Door Programming
- Qolsys IQ Panel 2 - Programming a CT100 Thermostat
- Qolsys IQ Panel 2 - Programming A Z-Wave Door Lock