Press STATUS to hear open sensors or system troubles
Disarm From Alarm
Press DISARM then enter User Code to silence and reset alarm
Arming In Away Silent Mode
This arms perimeter and interior zones without exit delay beeps
Press DOORS + WINDOWS button then MOTIONS button then SILENT button
Arming In Stay Instant Mode
Press DOORS + WINDOWS button twice
Arming In Stay Mode
Arming in Stay mode arms the perimeter sensors and bypasses interior sensors
Press DOORS + WINDOWS button
Arming In Away Mode
This arms the perimeter doors and windows and interior motion detectors
Press DOORS + WINDOWS button
Severe Weather Alerts
The LCD screen displays a message stating the nature of the severe weather and the expiration time of the alert as specified by the National Weather Service
Press and hold the # key for 10 seconds to silence beeps and clear
Bypassing A Sensor
The Bypass button is used to skip arming any open doors or windows and still arm everything else. To do this, leave the door or window open and then press Doors+Windows or Motions.
During the Entry Delay, the panel will announce the open sensor. Press the Bypass button and the panel will announce Sensor Bypassed (eg. Back Door Bypassed). The panel will then arm everything else. You will be able to open and close the door or window as many times as you want without setting off the alarm. To cancel a bypass, simply disarm the panel.
If your system is already armed and the Entry Delay has finished, follow the steps below to bypass a sensor...
Touchscreen Silent Arming
1. Press the lock button to arm the system
2. On the bottom of the next screen, under "Arming Settings", press Silent Exit, "ON"
3. Select the arming level (Motion Sensors Only, Arm All, or Doors and Windows)
Changing Volume and Voice Settings
The Panel beeps are generally very helpful, but sometimes they can be a too loud or annoying
Here is a few options you have with your sirens and beeps
1. Piezo Beeps:
- These are the beeps the panel makes for system activity (eg. I opened the front door and my panel beeped. When I arm the panel my alarm beeps until it arms)
2. Panel Voice:
3. Panel Piezo Alarm:
4. Trouble Beeps:
5. Voice Chime:
6. Status Beep Volume:
7. HW siren sup.:
8. Speaker Volume:
9. Silent police alarm:
10. Panel Tamper Alarm:
Turning On The Voice Chime
The Voice Chime is a convenient feature of the Simon XT for both home owners and business owners. You will be able to know which doors or windows are opening if a customer has entered the office, or if your toddler is opening the medicine cabinet. .
With your system in the disarmed state, follow these easy instructions to use this useful tool:
1. Press the down arrow until you see "System Programming" and press "OK"
2. Enter in your installer code (4321 by default) and press "OK"
3. Press the down arrow until you see "Siren Options" and hit "OK"
4. Press the down arrow until you see "Voice Chime" and press "OK"
5. Change the chime feature by using the down arrow and press "OK" (1 is voice chime, 2 is a loud doorbell sound, and 3 is a soft doorbell sound)
6. Press "Status" until back at the main screen, where it says "Disarmed"
Once you are at the "Disarmed" screen, press the down arrow key until you see "Chime Off", press "OK" and then the down arrow key, and press "OK" again, and your screen should now say "Chime On". Press "Status" until you are back at the "Disarmed" screen and you are all set!
How To Set The System Time
Follow the steps below to set the proper time on your Simon XT panel
Note: If you have a an interactive plan, or higher, then you are in luck! Our servers automatically set the time for activated system with a signal. If you have that service, activation and signal strength you do not need to follow these steps (sometimes it just takes a few minutes to automatically set the time).
If you don't have that service, follow these simple steps to set the time manually:
- Make sure your system is Disarmed
- Begin by preparing the Simon XT panel for a new time
- Press the Scroll Up key until the LCD Info Display shows “Set Clock” and press the OK key
- The LCD Info Display now shows “Enter Code”
- Enter your 4 digit code (the one you enter to arm your system) and then press the OK key 2 times
- The LCD Info Display now shows the time and flashes the hours as shown below
- Now set the time by follow the steps in this diagram of a Simon XT and you are done!
Open Sensor and Still Arm System
1. Press DOORS + WINDOWS then MOTIONS button to Arm
2. Press BYPASS button then enter your Master Code, press arrow buttons to select sensor then press OK to bypass