A recent update to Google Nest requires users to migrate their Nest account to a Google account.
Step 1: Migrate your Works with Nest account to a Google account
Note: If you received an email from Google, please open the email and click Switch to Google to begin the migration process, then continue to step 5.
- Download the latest version of the Nest app
- Log into the Nest app
- Click Settings
- Select Migrate to a Google Account
- Read the account migration benefits and details carefully
- Click Continue with Google
- Select the Google Account you want to use
- Google recommends using the same account currently being used with your Google Assistant or Google Home products. You can also create a new Google Account or click Use another account if you have an account that is not listed.
- Click Allow to let the Nest app access specific data from your Google Account.
- If you have Works with Nest connections and/or the Google Home app, you may see additional steps to disconnect your Works with Nest connections and combine your homes into a unified Google Nest home before you migrate. You will not be able to use Works with Nest connections with a Google Account. Follow the instructions in the app.
- Click Continue
- Read and accept the Google Terms of Service as supplemented by the Nest Terms of Service, then select Complete migration.
- If you are accepting an invitation to join a home as part of this migration, review how your access will change, then click I agree.
- You will be prompted to select the emails you would like to receive, then select Next.
- Click Done to complete the process.
Step 2: Re-link your Nest connection to Alarm.com
After your Nest account is migrated, you will need to re-link your Nest device connections with Alarm.com.
In the Brinks Home™ Mobile App, select Manage Devices > Thermostats > Nest Thermostat. You will then be prompted to enter your Google Nest credentials.
For more information about this process, see Google Nest Thermostat Integration.