Please follow the steps below to address the IQ Panel 2 cover tamper alert:
Power Down the Device for Safety:
1. Swipe down from the time display to open the Settings drop-down, then press SETTINGS
2. Press ADVANCED SETTINGS, then enter your Master Code
3. Press POWER DOWN, then OK to confirm. The IQ Panel 2 will power down
Open the Panel:
Remove the bottom screw (if used), then press both bottom tabs to remove the front cover
Prepare the Panel to Close:
Ensure the battery, battery wires, and antenna are secured into their appropriate compartments and not hindering a snug fit. There is also space for an optional screw which may need to be removed first.
Close the Panel:
Align the panel slots with the 4 tabs at the top of the backplate first.
Next, press the bottom of the panel against the backplate to snap the two tabs into place, immediately followed by pressing the top into place.
- Power back on the panel
- Acknowledge prior tamper notifications to clear the alert
- There will be an audible alert every 30 minutes while the system is not properly closed. This alert can be disabled if unsuccessful in replacing the cover fully, but this will also prevent an alert if the cover is ever reopened.
- To disable this alert on the panel, open the Settings from the top drop-down menu, then select Advanced Settings. Input the installer code (1111 is the default code), select Installation, then Security & Arming, and uncheck the box next to Panel Tamper.
Tips to resolve the cover tamper issue:
- Ensure batteries fit within their intended compartment
- Ensure the cover is replaced snugly into its designed casing
- Ensure any fasteners, such as screws or tabs, are tightened or securely locked into place
- Additional action may be required at the panel to fully clear the error
- For more information about what may cause tamper activity, please click on the link provided.